Only in Hollywood...

A few months ago, I blogged about the “creative vibe” that permeates Los Angeles. I experience this vibe on virtually a daily basis, but a couple days ago I got a BIG dose of it. To wit...

I’m at one of my favorite Starbucks – one that’s near a major movie studio and is regularly frequented by folks from The Biz. I glanced up and noticed Ron Howard standing in line. (I’ve dealt with him a handful of times years ago when I worked security on some of his movies. Nice guy.) Anyway...after Mr. Howard got his coffee, he went outside and joined another man at a table. This other man had to be a screenwriter. I mean, he just looked like one. But they were definitely working on a screenplay. My guess is they were doing rewrites on a film already in production. It was interesting watching the two of them toss ideas back and forth. I just found all this kinda cool – and it’s one reason why I enjoy living in this town. It’s that “creative vibe,” man.

1 comment:

annabel said...

That is why I can't live in LA. I just know I would get arrested. I would have grabbed hold of his leg or something insane.

Anyway, that was a cool story! :)