UPDATE: "THE EL SALVADOR PROJECT"

Yesterday my reps met with the backers of the “Untitled El Salvador Project.” It was a lunch meeting at the Beverly Hills Hotel. I was not in attendance. I’m told the meeting went very well. Everyone was very enthusiastic about my “take” on the story. The upshot: the money people behind this project definitely want to move forward and are willing to put up the necessary funds to get the script written. So, this is definitely some good news. A few contract points still have to be worked out, then some paperwork needs to be signed, but it looks like I’m taking a trip down to El Salvador. (Unfortunately, the only Spanish I know I picked up from watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. If I need to rob a bank or waylay a payroll transport, I’ll be in fine shape.) As always, I’ll keep you posted on any interesting developments.


* * *

My book, Q and A: The Working Screenwriter -- An In-the-Trenches Perspective of Writing Movies in Today's Film Industry, is now available. Pick up your copy today!

No comments: