Some pretty decent news today...

It seems full financing has been secured for one of my projects. The two lead actors, who have been on board for well over a year now, have also been approved. While in my “wait and see” mode, I’ve been dealing with the usual "writer’s stuff." Several months ago, the producers brought in another writer to do a rewrite. I finally had the nerve to read this rewrite only a few weeks ago. (Since the project was in limbo, there was no big rush; I mean, why get myself all worked up for nothin'?) Some of the changes in this new draft I agreed with; some I didn’t. I just felt the main character (dark, brooding, dangerous) was significantly watered down. I also felt the “bite” was taken out of much of the dialogue. I’m told my original dialogue was too “art house,” and the producers wanted to make it more palatable to a mainstream audience. Sure, I can understand that. Sort of. So, I wrote up about eleven pages of notes. According to my manager, the producers thought a majority of the notes were quite good and on target. I’m told they will address them in the next rewrite. But everyone is confident we’ll be in production in six months. Of course this is all subject to change, but right now it’s looking good.

No comments: